Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happiness

I sometimes wonder why everything I care enough to write about is sad. Maybe I'm depressed, but I don't feel like I'm depressed. Maybe I just like the feeling of being sad. A lot of people do that now. The emos and the the masochists are becoming more plentiful nowadays. But no, I don't think that's it either. I wonder why I can write pages and stories about sadness, but there is nothing I can write about the alternative. But I guess it's because I can't steer away from sadness. There will be times when I am sad. There will be times when I'm not. Sadness has complicated twists and turns and I can cry my eyes dry before I see a bright light, but when life hands me a sour grapefruit I won't try to make lemonade, because I have a great recipe for a grapefruit cheesecake. Being happy is the easy part.

No comments:

Post a Comment